I watch you trying to escape
Your failed attempts giving me a false sense of security
You are a part of my version of reality
With you I am indestructible
You are a piece of nostalgia
Who I was, not who I am
Innocent and soft
And I let go of that version of me
Because it is no longer my reality
I let go
You float up and up, very high
You soar right up there
With the cannonballs and grenades
The other pieces of who I was
Less innocent, less soft
And someday perhaps someone else will find you
And try and wrap their beautiful mind around you
But for now I know you are still somewhere
Floating endlessly
No longer stuck in my labyrinth
But forever innocent and soft
Forever indestructible
Forever fascinating.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
week of songs playlist
I have no idea how this ended up so random. There is honestly no flow or genre but I guess that's the best way to explain my music taste...
-
The neon and glass studios were amazing. It really made me want to take some of those classes during my time at Alfred. I thought being able...
-
The final project was a prompt to understand you place in the world and to create a project about ourselves. I decided to draw from my exp...
-
I created this piece to show how kindness tugs at the heartstrings of people. This also show the love coming from the heart and spreadi...
No comments:
Post a Comment